Ibew Reciprocal Agreement

Remember that you work within the jurisdictional collective agreement in which you work. They are accumulating wages, retirement and health and well-being as part of this agreement. For example, if the health and social assistance rate in the jurisdiction in which you work pays less than an hour for health and well-being, your right is not the same as at work at home. You must confirm your authorization with Harrison. If you are no longer registered in the ERTS system (erts.ibew.com/index.htm) or if you no longer have your PIN (personal identification number), please contact your nearest local IBEW office. You can help yourself in this process. If you work in a jurisdiction other than your place of residence, you must request that contributions for your hours worked be transferred from a „Mutual Fund“ (a benefit plan sponsored by a local IBEW association and a chapter of the NECA) to your original fund, in accordance with the reciprocity agreement. To do so, you must register with ERTS (the reciprocal electronic transmission system) and present a valid ID card to your Home Fund, the participating fund in which you registered for the work or with a local Union Assisted Ibew. They must attribute both in writing and electronically (through ERTS) 1) the legally binding effect of the use of an electronic signature on the ERTS and 2) of an authorized authorization and release with respect to reciprocal transfers under the reciprocity agreement. If you have any questions, please contact Donna (503) 256-4848 Ext. 221 or donna@ibew48.com, or would like to please come to the office and register with ERTS. It is important that you sign up for ERTS as soon as you start working in another jurisdiction. The transfer of the contribution may be subject to different deadlines if you do not register on time.

In addition, the plan that receives your mutual contribution can apply its own rules for imputation of mutual contributions. This could have a negative impact on your freedom of movement or on the right to health care. The Local informs participating funds so that they can prepare to transfer reciprocal funds received on your behalf and inform your funds to receive the money. If you work in a premises outside Harrison`s jurisdiction, there is a delay if Harrison gets your mutual. For example, Harrison Trust`s February schedules will be received in April for April coverage. To avoid hedging loopholes when you travel outside our jurisdiction, you can deposit in your reserve bank every hour. For more information, please contact the Trust Office at (800) 547-4457 or (503) 224-0048 Extension 1679. You must register with a local business office. The process takes less than 10 minutes. The ERTS system replaced the old forms of paper change and replaced them with a single record (lifespan).

The terms of the reciprocity agreement may be amended or amended from time to time by the agreement of participating trusts in the United States. Ask the plan office if any changes to the reciprocity agreement have been made since this brochure was printed. You can get more information about the DB Pension Plan Document and the IBEW-NECA SOUTH SPD Health Plan. If you work in a jurisdiction that does not have a contributory pension (such as our 9th district pension), you do not receive contributions.